Client: eThekwini Municipality
Scope of works: Rehabilitation of housing stock in the former R293 Town Phase 2 (1H-10011)
Completion date: November 2016
Capital costs: R15 568 982.10
Ukhasi Construction was appointed by eThekwini Municipality for the Rehabilitation of Housing Stock in Umlazi Township after having assessed the conditions that their tenants were living under, they then as a Municipality decided to appoint a pool of contractors to fast track the rehabilitation of the Municipal assets.
The works consisted of the following activities
- Patch all walls and trim in preparation for paint. Paint the entire interior.
- Fix, replace outlets/covers as necessary (ensure matching colours and styles).
- Fix, replace switches/switch-plate covers as necessary (ensure matching colours and styles).
- Clean/scrape all windows and ensure proper operation. Re-place non-functional windows.
- Electrical issue (no outlet power) in bedrooms and master bath (short or improper wiring? Get electrician to fix).
- Use entry doors in best condition to replace doors in bad condition.
- Replace all room entry doors with new 6-panel doors.
- Remove window screens from Living Room, Dining Room, and Kitchen windows.
- Plaster and repaint whole house.
- If the walls of the house are in a bad condition or the foundation is proving to have been compromised, we demolish the whole structure and re-build the house from scratch.